Research and Evaluation
Dr. Alvin Larson | Research and Evaluation Specialist
22 Liberty Street | 203-630-4122
The Office of Research responds to all research questions posed by the board in its quest to evaluate and improve the educational progress of Meriden students. One research project is the development of multiple online programs that integrate the assessment and instructional functions. This office also manages the district's Title I Grant and conducts surveys and develops tests to answer research and evaluation questions posed by the Board of Education. The Office of Research provides summary information to staff and the school community including test results and strategic school profiles. Technical assistance including survey and test development is provided to other departments in the City of Meriden.
- Research Victims Using Confidential, Not Anonymous Surveys, Dr. Alvin Larson*
* Source: The School Discipline Advisor. Copyright 2013 by LRP Publications, 360 Hiatt Drive, Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418. All rights reserved. For more information on this or other products published by LRP Publications, please call 1-800-341-7874 or visit our website.
- NCES 2017 STATS-DC Data Conference | Using Motivation Data to Influence Classroom Practices
- AERA 2014 Annual Meeting | Confidential School Climate Survey: Identify and Assist Counselors with Treating Social-Emotional At-Risk Students
- CCER (CT Council for Education Reform) 2014 Best Practices Forum | Turning Data Into Action
- NCES 2012 | Re-engaging the Disengaged Student: Effective Data Use in the Affective Domain
- NCES 2011 | Real-time Data Use: Online Diagnostic Assessment System System Developed to Help Teachers Improve Current Instruction in Grades 3 to 8
- AERA 2009 Symposium: Error Identification Assessment | EIA Paper | EIA Presentation
- Validity & Reliability Study of Meriden's School Climate Survey for Students