Central Registration Office
                  165 Miller Street
                  Meriden, CT 06450

                   (203) 235-1507


In the Meriden Public Schools, children who will be five (5) years old on or before January 1 will be eligible to enter kindergarten in that school year. Where questions may exist with regard to placement for newly registered students, consideration will be given to the readiness of the student to do the work of any particular grade. The final decision in such matters will rest with the school principal. Proof of age must be provided at the time of registration.

School districts in Meriden are determined by street address.  You can call the Central Registration if there is a question of which school your child will be attending and if he/she will be provided transportation.


Welcome to Full Day Kindergarten                 ¡Bienvenidos a kindergarten de día completo



Registration for the 2017-2018 school year will begin Monday, April 3rd.  

Please register your child as early as possible by June 1st.

Children born in 2012, or on January 1, 2013, are eligible to start Kindergarten for the 2017-2018 school year on August 28, 2017.  Your child's phyical needs to be dated after August 28, 2016 and must include the result of your child's hemogobin and lead test. If you have questions about health requirements for Kindergarten, please call the Meriden Health Department at 203-630-4234.  If your child has an appointment for their physical after June 1st, you should register in our office and can provide the physical at a later date, but it must be received before August 25, 2017 in order to start school on the first day.

Registration is on a walk-in basis; there are no appointments.  Registration packets will be available the last week in March.  Please feel free to pick up a packet in advance to epedite the registraton process.




All elligible students must register at our Central Registraton Office, located at 165 Miller Street.  The office is open Monday - Friday,  8:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m.  PLEASE ALLOW AT LEAST 30 MINUTES FOR REGISTRATION (if you have not completed the paperwork in advance)

Please remember to bring your child's birth certificate (the long form listing parents name), most recent physical and immunization records and two forms of residency verification.  If your child is receiving special education services, please bring their most recent IEP or 504 Plan.  Please see the link below for information on what is an accepted form of residency verification.

**High School registration is a two-step process.  After registering your child, you will need to meet with guidance at your district high school to set your child's schedule.  Please sure to bring your child's current grades, transcripts and withdrawal paperwork.



Before admission to the Meriden Public Schools, each parent or guardian must give proof of a recent physical examination and immunization records for their student by a physician on the State of Connecticut "blue form". All new students entering the Meriden Public Schools shall be required to be immunized against poliomyelitis, mumps, measles, diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus and rubella in accordance with administrative regulations and state law.  Parents can pick up a blue form from the Meriden Health Department Clinic which is also located at 165 Miller Street.  Please call the clinic nurse with any medical or health questions concerning your child's registration in the Meriden Public Schools.  The Clinic's phone number is 203-630-4234.

**No child shall be enrolled in school until the criteria of age and residency are met.  Residency forms must be completed and verified before a student is admitted.  The burden of proof in determining student residency shall be on the party claiming residency.**

RESIDENCY POLICY IB6-R & Forms The Meriden Public School's Residency Policy can be found on this link.  All registrations require Residency Form IB6-E(1).  If you are living with someone who is the owner/tenant of the residence, Residency Form IB6-E(2) needs to completed and signed by the owner/tenant. Proof of Residency is required of the owner/tenant.  If the student will be living with someone other than his/her parent or legal guardian, Residency Form IB6-(3) needs to be completed by both the parent and the person the student will be residing with.  This form needs to be notarized.  Proof of Residency is required of the person the student is living with.

Please see the links below for the accepted forms for proof of residency:

Accepted forms of Proof of Residency-English.docx       Accepted_forms_Proof_of_Residency-Spanish.doc


REGISTRATION FORMS:  Below are the required registration forms.  You will need to complete each of the forms and bring them with you to register your child.  If you are registering more than one child, you will need two complete a form for each child.  If you do not have access to a printer, registration packets are available in the Central Registration Office.

English Forms                                                                                                                     Registration_Form_09_02_15.doc                                                                                                               Home_Language_Survey-English.doc







Español Formas