New Requirements for School Lunches:
Breakfast... The most important meal of the day!
- Students that eat school breakfast consume more fruits and whole grains, drink more milk, and eat less saturated fat than those who eat breakfast at home.
- Children who eat breakfast at school perform better on standardized tests than those who eat breakfast at home or do not eat breakfast at all.
- Students who participate in the School Breakfast Program are more attentive, are tardy less often, have fewer absences, have fewer behavioral problems, and visit the nurse's often less frequently.
Fun Nutrition Printables!
NEW!! Nutrition Activity!
- Fruit and Vegetable Identification Game (PDF) - Test your knowledge by identifing if a food is a fruit or a vegetable
- What's on your Plate? - Learn about which food groups should make up your plate.
- My Daily Food Plan - Use this to help make your daily plan contain all the right food groups and all the right portions.
- MyPlate coloring sheet - Coloring page for MyPlate
- MyPlate worksheet - Use this sheet to test your knowledge of MyPlate, create your own plate
- Whole Grains word scramble - Grab Some Grains! unscramble all of the whole grain food words
- What's In Your Food? (PDF) - Ever wonder how much sugar, salt or fat is in that food you are eating? This handout has great information to help put it in perspective.