Curriculum and Instruction
Miguel A. Cardona, Ed.D.
Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning
The Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning is responsible for the overall instructional process in the Meriden Public Schools. Working in conjunction with the district’s research specialist and curriculum administrator, this office oversees curriculum and program development, staff evaluation, instructional planning and professional improvement. The Assistant Superintendent provides on site problem solving with certified staff through frequent visitations and handles certified personnel labor relations. The Assistant Superintendent’s Office also deals with parental issues relating to instruction and clarifies board policy and school procedures for parents and the community. Community agencies that this office interacts with regularly include the Meriden Community Action Agency, Casa Boricua and the NAACP.
- Code of Conduct - English
- Code of Conduct - Spanish
- Program_of_Studies 2015-2016
- Reorganization Plan 5-6-2009.pdf
- Alliance District Plan - Year 3
- John Barry Focus School Plan
- Common Core State Standards in CT
- Standards-Based K-5 Report Cards - Parent Handbook - English
- Standards-Based K-5 Report Cards - Parent Handbook - Spanish
- Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium (SBAC) Parent Letter
- SBAC - Parent Resource
- SBAC - Parent Guide